Artificial Intelligence has indisputably made its presence known in the infrastructure of today’s enterprises. As organizations evolve, data is becoming more integral to analyze. Add that complexity with the expectations customers have for a seamless customer service experience, and you find yourself with the opportunity to bridge AI with more efficient call center operations.
Where we see AI having the most profound impact is not by replacing the human behind the customer service call, but by supporting them and extracting valuable information from the calls they handle. As quickly as AI has advanced, we still can’t replicate the human connection. We need our customer service agents, but we can empower them to do better with the right combination of technology.
This type of automation is proving to be a valuable asset, specifically to Service Cloud, in predicting future patterns, offering next step actions, and effectively routing to correct agents. Known as Einstein, the AI in Service Cloud is climbing the ranks within organizations to deliver smarter and quicker solutions in less time.
When combined with a robust CRM platform, companies can leverage this automated technology to ensure optimal issue management and allow agents to be more prepared than ever in helping their customers be successful.
Customer Support Challenges
Without easy access to the customer-facing knowledge base, agents have a hard time with visibility, which leads to consistency issues in solving cases across multiple channels. This becomes more critical as consumers branch out into new support channels like chat and mobile apps.
There is a list of roadblocks agents are disempowered with in offering more complex and detailed support, resulting in disconnected experiences and disappointed customers.
- Overwhelming requests/influx– Customer support agents are bogged down with a large number of cases coming from multiple channels
- Long handle times– Average handle times (AHT) are higher than desired wait times to resolve a service call from beginning to end. This includes hold-times, actual conversations with customers, and any necessary follow-ups
- Understanding priority measures- Knowing how to ensure that higher-priority calls get through quicker
- Routing to correct agent– Getting to the right point person the first time without having to reiterate the reason for calling
These challenges heighten the need for an omni-channel experience for customers and agents to bring all that communication into one platform for fast, personalized support. With consistent information across all channels, you can vastly improve customer experiences with your agents.
Why Access to Customer Insight Leads to Better CX
The influx of data for agents to absorb and troubleshoot for can be burdensome to the human operator. Understanding what’s not working properly for the customer is a challenge in itself. There is only so much person-power invested in organizing, assigning, and managing the flow of customer complaints. When companies can incorporate AI-powered knowledge bases, and leverage their CRM to improve customer interactions, they enhance the agent and customer experience.
Having this predictive intelligence capability helps service representatives with quick decision making, automating most of the repetitive activities and recommending next steps. Utilizing these time saving processes allows service teams to instead spend their time creating strong relationships with customers instead of making entries and extra keystrokes in their systems.
Benefits of Einstein
Scaling customer service has never been easier than with Einstein. Its AI capabilities make automation easy to use because it’s built right into Service Cloud, service channels, and CRM data. AI-powered predictions, recommendations, and chatbots on digital channels make for happier customers and more productive agents.
With Einstein, agents can help customers resolve top routine issues with Einstein Bots—Salesforce chatbots that take action like checking claims status or modifying orders. These bots are now smart enough to handle errors and deliver custom object data and even data from Salesforce records. Moreover, they provide customers with information from relevant knowledge articles and leverage natural language processing. These features allow for a ‘smarter’ customer service response where agents can move from a case centric to more of a customer centric approach.
Emerging Trends for Einstein in Service Cloud
Einstein for Service Cloud helps build trust between business and customer, recognizing recurring complaints and patterns to identify future issues before a customer even knows they’re going to have a problem. It’s a technology designed to increase efficiency, free up customer service agent time, automate reports, identify issues, and more.
Let’s look at some emerging trends with Einstein:
- Previous Customer Data– We see a tremendous opportunity with AI to recognize problems based on previous customer data, and evaluate the solution through other attributes. Customer data is able to unlock insights that will automatically deliver recommended actions in real-time, right in the agent workspace. This type of AI can analyze past customer data and learn from it to generate reports and offer predictions that are unique to the business and their customers.
- Voice Recognition and Sentiment Analysis– Another trend we’ll see is around Service Cloud Voice. With the combination of automation, voice recognition, and sentiment analysis, high-priority cases can be rerouted to the top of the queue and resolved quickly to keep customers happy. Fine-tuning natural language processing by digitizing human sounds, and the tone in which they say them, has the potential to unlock deeper insights into customer needs. It’s not so much about what’s being said, but how it’s being said that is revolutionizing how customers are getting the help they need.
- Case Routing– If your business has mobile agents out in the field, Service Cloud’s Field Service uses AI to connect mobile agents to customers and the Service Cloud. Agents save a significant amount of time with the automation of the initial case triage process since it applies predictions and then routes cases to the right agents in an intelligent way. Qualifying customer information for a seamless handoff to agents gives the best possible solution to customers in their first interaction. It’s a transformation in the connected customer experience by equipping agents, dispatchers, and mobile employees with the tools they need to deliver powerful customer service anytime, anywhere.
- Next Best Action– Einstein’s Next Best Action delivers optimal high-level recommendations to the right people at the right time for maximum impact. Admins can add rules with predictive models for recommendations that are specific to geographic areas, like reminding customer service reps to offer regionally specific discounts to customers. It offers the guidance to take advantage of opportunities that will close more deals.
Einstein’s deep learning capability in Service Cloud applies machine learning and natural language processing that reduces cost and frees up agents to work on more complex, higher-value service requests. It not only enhances the efficiency of the agents but also contributes to delivering faster solutions for happier customers.
Upgrade your CX
Interested in adding AI to your service stack? We can help with that. Forcivity experts can help you maximize your tech investment to deliver more for your customers.