Three times a year (Spring, Summer, and Winter) Salesforce releases new versions. Both admins and business owners should make themselves aware of the changes for two reasons: First there may be changes to existing functionality that you currently use, and second there are new capabilities you can take advantages of to improve your users productivity and your customers’ experience.
Note that many of the new features are only available when using the lightning experience. If your organization is still using classic, understand where the barriers are and develop a plan to migrate.
The following are some of my favorite features in the Winter 19 release:
- Search within records lists.
- Add more Lightning Knowledge fields to global search.
- Filter search results in Communities.
- Einstein Bots – If you haven’t looked into Einstein Bots, you should. Understanding your data and training intent is key to success. Don’t waste your reps or customers time looking for common answers. Read more…
- Guided Setup Flows – Flows are a great tools for intelligently automating a process for your customers. Get the information you need to resolve the issue, and transfer to an agent if needed. Read more…
- Edit Joined Reports with Lightning Report Builder (Beta).
The Lightning Report Builder is a compelling reason to move to Lightning.
- Drill down within summary or matrix reports.
- More dashboard filters available (up to 50).
- Quick search on report lists.
- Einstein Data Insights shows its analysis of your data.
- Updated UI and better integration with Marketing and campaigns.
- Native CMS content – This is huge, finally be able to create content (Blog, News, etc.) directly within Community Cloud. The display options are flexible and look great! Read more…
- Guest access for Flows – Flows are a very useful tool and now guest users can access flows. Read more…
- Themes – Salesforce added more themes and the ability to export a theme or page. Themes have become very flexible in the last two releases.
- Recognition and Badging – Important features for keeping your users engaged in the community. Read more…
Winter 19 Resources:
- Release notes – Release notes are a great resource for learning about what’s new.
- Trailhead – This module goes over all the new features per product.
- Release Readiness group – If you are not a member of the Salesforce Success Community and this group, you should join. There are great resources and links for preparing for the next release.
Salesforce releases help make how we do business better. Keeping up with and deciding when/how to implement these improvements are key to getting the most out of your organization’s Salesforce investment. Take the time early in the process