As we leave 2020 in the dust, we set our sights on Salesforce’s long-anticipated Spring 2021 release. Salesforce releases contain innovative updates that push the boundaries and power of the current product. In short, these upgrades are set to make a big splash.
As tradition dictates, Salesforce updates feature dozens of major improvements. They range from language changes to seasonal legal document updates. That said, we’ll save you some time. Here’s a breakdown of the Salesforce Spring ’21 that we’re most excited about!
Service Cloud Updates
You can pretty much always expect Salesforce Service Cloud to feature game-changing upgrades in a new release. It is one of Salesforce’s core offerings, which leaves it among the most popular products. This is especially true for businesses that want to optimize their customer service for both customers and service staff. Let’s take a look at the most anticipated updates to Service Cloud from the Spring ’21 release.
- Field Service: New maintenance recurrence options ensure that you and your team can set work rules for individual objects on a rolling basis. Leverage shift patterns to simplify shift assignments for your crew.
- Einstein for Service: Einstein bots are now smart enough to handle errors and deliver custom object data and even data from Salesforce records. Moreover, they can provide your customers with information from relevant knowledge articles and leverage natural language processing.
- Channels: More efficient voice setup and the added customer option to receive a callback instead of waiting on hold will bolster your telephony services offerings.
- Service Setup Assistant: Get started with Service Cloud fast with the new and improved Service Setup Assistant. Customize your setup with a single click.
- Case Management: Customize your default no-reply address when sending case notifications to customers. Set stricter limits on who can view which profiles, and create Macros across tabs more efficiently with this new update.
- Knowledge: Create your knowledge setup quickly with the Setup Assistant, keep articles updated, add alt text for accessibility, and avoid lost attached files when you send an article via email with this new update
Sales Cloud Updates
Salesforce Sales Cloud is another core product, offered by the CRM giant, so it’s also up for major upgrades. Here are the biggest Sales Cloud updates for Spring 2021.
- Salesforce Meetings: Move over Zoom! New Salesforce Meetings help sales representatives engage with prospects and customers virtually. The new Meeting Studio gives reps the option to show their camera view and the presentation. The invaluable Meeting Digest issues a single page report about attendees and related details.
- Integration with Google and Microsoft: Inbox features will now be available on both Gmail and Outlook accounts. The previous add-in and Chrome extension will be retired at the end of March 2021.
- New Sales and Productivity Features: Supercharge your product tracking and lead conversion with new core sales features. New email templates, scheduling features, and updates enable reps to get their messages across more quickly and with better accuracy. Additionally, Zoom meeting links are now automatically added to rep calendars.
Additional Salesforce Release Updates
Salesforce updates typically feature dozens (seriously, they number well over a hundred!) of major and minor improvements. We only just scratched the surface with our list, but wanted to include some additional Salesforce updates outside of Service and Sales Cloud that you don’t want to miss. These updates include:
- Mobile App updates, including iPad support, make the Salesforce App even more powerful.
- Customer 360 Truth has been updated to include more security features, including new identity verification methods, data unification, and universal policy creation for multiple orgs.
- Security and Identity updates make it easier for you and your team to manage your web sessions, domains, security, and analysis across your org.
- Work.com can help your business prepare and react to the effects of the pandemic.
- Salesforce Einstein: The Einstein Recommendation Builder will check your data as you build your org, and help to ensure that its recommendations are accurate.
- Experience Cloud or the product formerly known as Community Cloud has been updated to include updated site-building tools, templates, and increased Salesforce CMS support.
Salesforce has undergone a pivotal change in the past year, offering structural and functional changes that have benefited customers and the platform itself. Most impressively, Salesforce has managed this overhaul while continuing to assert and demonstrate its commitment to delivering a fantastic product.
That’s why we’re so excited about the Salesforce Spring ’21 release. We get to help businesses create custom Salesforce stacks for their needs, so a new release means we’ve got even more to offer our clients. Got questions? We’ve got answers. Get in touch today!