Salesforce is dedicated to consistently churning out updates, upgrades, and new features at an impressive rate. This dedication has been a key to Salesforce’s success, as power-users and enthusiasts alike gear up for the newest seasonal releases. At Forcivity, we proudly count ourselves among the so-called “eager-beavers” who are excited about the newest Summer ‘21 Release. As with all new releases, we anticipate substantial enhancements to improve user experience and functionality upgrades to strengthen the Salesforce solution.
In this guide, we’ll break down the best ways to prepare for the Salesforce Summer ‘21 release to maximize your experience. Let’s get started!
Preparing for the Salesforce Summer ’21 Sandbox Release
When it comes to Salesforce releases, it’s best to take a proactive approach. Salesforce releases follow a pretty straightforward process, so they are quite easy to prepare for as long as you know what to expect and when. Below, we’ve outlined the key dates to mark on your calendar and the steps to take to help you prepare for the Summer ‘21 release.
- April 15th: Take a few minutes to sign up to preview the pre-release environment on this day. If you don’t sign up, you’ll miss an important opportunity to access a pre-release environment where you can test the new release features and determine which ones will best improve your org’s operations.
- April 20th: This is the day when Salesforce will send out the Summer ‘21 release notes, which detail every change and update from the major to the minute. Be sure to review the release notes and mark which changes will most significantly impact your org.
- May 6th: This is the cut-off date to sign up for a sandbox. Without one, you will not be able to utilize a sandbox to preview the newest release updates.
- May 7th and 8th: On these days, you’ll be able to access your sandbox to play around with new features. This early access enables you to test and evaluate new configurations before the update is implemented.
- May 7th: Check out the Summer ‘21 Release site to explore all the new features and updates coming soon. If you need some help experimenting within your sandbox, visit the site to learn via video demos, how-tos, and other helpful information.
Preview for the Salesforce Summer ’21 Sandbox Release
Once the update is underway, and your instances have been updated, you’ll be able to implement the updates outlined in the release notes according to which ones work best for your organization.
All the best things happen on the weekend — that’s why you can expect your org’s Salesforce instances to be updated on one of three weekends:
- May 15th
- June 4th
- June 11th
Keep in mind that only a small number of Salesforce customers can expect their instances to be upgraded on the first release weekend. If you fall into the latter category for a later release, you’ll have more time to perfect your org’s strategy for implementing the newest features you’ve tested in your sandbox. The weekend release also helps to ensure that your organization experiences no downtime, as the updates will only take around five minutes.
This release is sure to be a big one, so it’s crucial to ensure that your organization is well-prepared to implement the changes! Be sure to mark your calendars and check back here for updates and information on the Salesforce Summer ‘21 Sandbox Release.