Salesforce is doing it again. The Winter 2021 update will be a significant overhaul of Salesforce’s software solutions. As a leader in the SaaS industry, all eyes are on the Salesforce features release. It’s kind of a big deal around here.
This is a major update with tons of improvements (and even name changes!), but we’re focusing on our specialty. We’ve got a break down of some of the biggest changes to Salesforce Service Cloud and Community Cloud upgrades. Let’s dive in!
Service Cloud Updates
Service Cloud is getting the star treatment with the improvements and updates planned for Winter 2021. These updates include changes that will benefit new users, such as the overhauled onboarding process. Current users benefit from new and improved support services to help them get the most out of Salesforce’s offerings. Customers and employees are also getting a boost from this update. Let’s dive into the best Service Cloud updates of the 2021 release.
- Build Better Bots: Einstein bots can now be built directly from a template. It’s faster, more convenient, and you don’t lose out on any core features.
- Enhance Customer Service: Case classification is now more efficient as they appear when a case is created, and not after. So, your team can provide faster and more accurate service. New language support means that you can help customers all over the world. Did we mention, intent models are now even stronger?
- Field Service Essentials: Field Service, formerly known as Field Service Lightning, hasn’t just got a new name. Essential features have been added, including timesheets for employees that are located directly in the mobile app. With this update, you’ll be able to see trends and update your scheduling accordingly.
- Streamlined Onboarding: Get Service Cloud up and running faster than ever before. The new Service Cloud setup assistant can help you go from purchase to taking calls within the same day.
- Telephony Service Upgrades: Service Cloud has enhanced its already robust service offerings. Now users can integrate Service Cloud’s telephony options even faster with setup assistance. Build customized messaging templates and customize your channel menu with ease.
- Quality Case Management: Agents rejoice! Quick text and flows help to reduce the time spent on tedious tasks. Get more done in less time. Incoming emails are now matched with customer header information, as opposed to Ref. ID.
- Supervisor Support: Now, supervisors can provide real-time assistance to agents. This update includes real-time voice transcripts viewable as a call takes place. Whenever an agent needs help, a supervisor can hop on the call without trouble.
- Sharing Knowledge: New upgrades make it easy to share Knowledge with guest users and high-volume community users. Tracking and changing articles’ ownership is now a breeze, and linked articles can now be used with Voice and related Lists via Voice, chat, messaging, and social.
Community Cloud Updates
The Winter 2021 release features some major security updates to Salesforce Communities, including improvements to guest user settings and multifactor authentication. In addition to these improvements, Salesforce Community Cloud will benefit from functional updates that improve and personalize user experience. Here’s a breakdown of the biggest Community Cloud updates of the 2021 Winter release.
- Enhanced Guest User Security: Upgrades to the guest user experience include Salesforce enforcing strict new guest user policies introduced in recent updates. Additionally, Salesforce will reduce guest user object permissions.
- Personalize Security for Community Members: Community members will be able to utilize SMS messaging as a multifactor authentication security measure. You’ll also have the ability to customize the messages users receive when they update their email addresses.
- Lightning Community Improvements: The new printable view enables you to print out community records and details for later viewing. Now managing community pages is even easier and faster within the Experience Builder. Customize what users see on detail pages based on record fields.
- Develop a Community of Your Own: With this update, developers will benefit from an improved community building experience through enhancements to the Build Your Own template. Those who were pining for better Lightning navigation support and page reference, have gotten their wishes granted.
As always, the new Salesforce release includes a host of new features and updates that make for a greatly enhanced experience for all users. The Winter 2021 update will surely be one for the books, especially considering how much it has overhauled Salesforce solutions. Are you excited for the updates?
We certainly are. At Forcivity, we’re excited to help businesses build out their Salesforce stack. Software like Salesforce can be a major investment.